Advanced technology in safety takes center stage at NYSE as MSA Safety Hosts its 2019 Investor Day
Experience the interactive Multichannel News Release here: https://www.multivu.com/players/English/8449152-msa-safety-2019-investor-day-nyse/
Supported by its leading market positions in a broad range of industries, strong brand equity and diversified product portfolio, the company's vision for the future includes continued revenue growth, margin expansion and driving an internal culture that emphasizes disruptive innovation, talent development and unmatched customer focus.
MSA has changed significantly over the last decade, highlighted by enhanced market leadership positions in key target industries and a focused portfolio of core products, which have grown to reflect nearly 90 percent of the company's overall revenue, up from 55 percent ten years ago. The company has invested in R&D projects, strategic acquisitions and cost reduction programs that have driven a step change in its profitability profile. But the most visible change to customers has been in game-changing technology that MSA continues to bring to the global safety market – more so than any other company in the industry.
Taking center stage at the
- The V-Series line of fall protection harnesses, MSA's newest and most comfortable harness line comprised of three full-body, racing-style harness options with varying price points and comfort levels;
- the ALTAIR® io 360, which bridges the gap between a portable gas detector and a fixed system, expanding the company's addressable market into the area-monitoring space;
- LUNAR, an all-new, wireless, handheld device that enables firefighter ranging, thermal imaging, and motion detection through the use of cloud and GPS technologies — delivering a new level of connectivity and firefighter accountability;
- the 5000 Series of Gas Monitors, which enhance facility protection levels while lowering total cost of ownership for customers through MSA's patented sensor technology;
- the V-Gard® H1 Safety Helmet, a new climbing-style industrial helmet designed for specific applications including tower climbing and confined space entry.
"Our innovative and highly advanced technology, as well as our brand equity, is the fuel behind our leading positions in the premium segment of the safety market," said
Commenting on the future of MSA, Mr. Vartanian noted the company's longstanding, singular mission continues to serve as the foundation for growth and success. "Our mission, which is the same as it was 105 years ago, drives everything that we do. It's why we come to work and why we focus on the use of new technologies to help make workplaces safer. We have employees from all backgrounds and generations who connect to that mission, because we know what's at stake for the workers who put their trust in the MSA brand every day."
The company also used its Investor Day to call attention to various growth programs intended to leverage MSA's leading market positions, secular trends in the safety market, and the company's strong balance sheet to sustain its mid-single digit revenue growth expectations over the long term. These programs include being a first mover in the fire service connectivity market, investing to capture market share in the fast-growing fall protection market, and advancing its gas detection solutions offerings through organic innovations and acquisitions, such as the recently completed Sierra Monitor transaction. The company also highlighted opportunities to improve MSA's margin profile in
MSA's leadership team finished off the day by ringing The Closing Bell® to celebrate the company's 105th anniversary in business and 15th anniversary of listing on the
Established in 1914,
Media Relations Contact: Mark Deasy - (724) 741-8570 Investor Relations Contact: Elyse Lorenzato - (724) 741-8525