MSA Safety Excited to Bring Back In-Person Demos of New LUNAR System for Firefighter Accountability at Fire Department Instructor's Conference (FDIC)
Versatile in design, LUNAR uses Cloud technology to deliver breakthrough fire-scene management capabilities for incident commanders and can be used as a stand-alone device or as part of an MSA SCBA system. Key features include:
- Exclusive Firefighting Assisting Search Technology (F.A.S.T.), which combines distance and direction data enabling firefighters to locate separated teammates faster;
- Personal thermal imaging enhanced with edge detection for improved situational awareness;
- Direct cellular cloud connectivity to send real-time stats, including estimated air pressure, time remaining, and battery life, to Incident Command and remote monitoring personnel for a complete safety point-of-view; and
- A unique LUNAR-to-LUNAR network that automatically keeps each device connected to all others on-scene.
LUNAR is designed for every firefighter on-scene, both those on air and off, and represents the latest addition to a suite – or ecosystem – of MSA products the company has branded as "Connected Firefighter." When used together, MSA's suite of Connected Firefighter products create greater visibility, increase efficiency, promote situational awareness, and enable accountability, all while creating an enhanced network of safety.
"Accounting for all firefighters on a fire ground has been a consistent need expressed by the fire service profession, but it's also been a challenge for many manufacturers to solve," said
Other products comprising MSA's Connected Firefighter platform, which will also be on display at
- The company's industry-leading G1 and M1 SCBA;
MSA HUB, a small, modular device that enables on scene data and asset management;
- FireGrid, which gives incident commanders the ability to evaluate and manage multiple situations at one time from any location; and
- The company's ALTAIR 4XR and 5X portable multigas detectors with embedded Bluetooth technology to provide complete scene management.
In addition to showcasing LUNAR and the Connected Firefighter platform, MSA will be introducing two other new products that also represent a step forward in the evolution of firefighter safety equipment technology. These are:
- The Cairns® XR2 Technical Rescue Helmet, which represents the newest addition to the Cairns helmet suite of products, is ideal for specialized tasks and non-fire related incidents. Touting modular "click-in" accessories, including an internal ocular visor, integrated dual-beam headlamp with tail light, and Responder Goggles, the Cairns XR2 Technical Rescue Helmet is designed and third-party tested to meet the latest EN and NFPA Standards for Technical Rescue, Wildland Firefighting (EN only), and Water Rescue operations.
- The Globe Guard™ Hood, which provides head and neck particulate-protective barrier coverage. Part of the Globe Guard head-to-toe system, the Globe Guard Hood helps to protect against airborne particulates that can include toxic substances on the fireground.
Other MSA activities at
- The company's official sponsorship of the conference's firefighter training classes and exercises, where participants will use MSA Evolution 6000 thermal imaging cameras; and
- The chance to win four LUNAR Connected Devices for your department. Two departments will be chosen at random to win. To enter the contest, which runs through
August 6, visit www.MSAFire.com/FDIC.
Interested parties not in attendance at
Established in 1914,
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/msa-safety-excited-to-bring-back-in-person-demos-of-new-lunar-system-for-firefighter-accountability-at-fire-department-instructors-conference-fdic-301347116.html
Product Media Contact: Samantha D'Uva - (412) 576-3535; Investor Relations Contact: Elyse Lorenzato - (724) 741-8525